Elucidating the whole process of adaptation and you can skills their hereditary base are a major goal of contemporary evolutionary biology
My personal passions within the animals become regarding my youthfulness poista tili MeetSlavicGirls whenever i made use of so you can chase lizards (Eremias argus) throughout the fields. We pursued which notice due to the fact an enthusiastic student at the Nankai College and then a graduate pupil from the Chinese Academy of Sciences. We subsequently spent 5 years because an associate curator out-of herpetology at Institute from Zoology (Beijing), which expended my passions into the systematics, and finally added me to the School out-of Toronto where We presented my personal Ph.D. search for the unit phylogenetics off lacertid lizards. Given that an article-doctoral lookup other from the College from California (Berkeley), I happened to be even more aware of exactly how unit phylogenetics might be applied in order to evolutionary biology.
Since i visited Guelph, my studies have concerned about unit phylogenetics and it’s really app in order to the research out of speciation, sexual selection and you will conservation
- B.South carolina. – Tianjin 1985
- M.South carolina. – Chengdu 1988
- Ph.D. – Toronto 1998
My lookup aims to see evolutionary designs into the pure populations and you can this new mechanisms to their rear, having an emphasis with the historical point of views.
Elevational gradient brings among the best assistance to have learning adaptive advancement. We’re focusing on a couple groups of poikilothermic dogs. All of them well-known variety during the or around the fresh Tibetan Plateau, and tend to be easy to identify and get in the wild. 1) Toad-headed lizards of one’s genus Phrynocephalus try endemic with the central Asia desert and many of those is actually correct high- height dwellers (5300m) of one’s Tibetan Plateau. High elevation types (elizabeth.g.Phrynocephalus vlangalii) possess several genetic and you can psychological traits you to definitely likely show version so you’re able to highest-height surroundings. 2) The Asiatic toad (Bufo gargarizans) uses up several hill ranges all over a very high elevational gradient off 0 in order to 4300m. Specific communities was indeed Plateau dwellers for approximately dos.5 millions of decades. It includes an excellent possible opportunity to perform intra-specific evaluation. We’re exploring these bacteria of morphological, behavioral, mental and genomic profile.
More practical unit of biodiversity is the kinds, and you will understanding the speciation processes is key for expertise biodiversity. Phylogenetic analysis produces opportunities to take a look at varieties regarding an old and you will evolutionary perspective, and you may genomic data bring a capacity to take a look at background within multiple levels, eg genes, communities, and you can species. We are already discovering a frog kinds (Odorrana margaratea) which have a band-shaped variation development within Sichuan Basin at west China. Their short spatial scale (mini band), numerous communities, lives out of multiple hybrid zones, and you will a clearly illustrated record give excellent possibilities to take a look at the newest evolution regarding reproductive isolation into the deal with out-of gene move.
Since i started to Guelph, my personal studies have worried about unit phylogenetics and it is software in order to the study from speciation, sexual possibilities and you will preservation
- Fu, J., and you can Roentgen. Wen. 2023. Affects of Quaternary glaciation, geological records and you can topography for the animal varieties history when you look at the continental Eastern Asia: an excellent phylogeographic remark. Unit Ecology.
- Chen, Y., S. Bronze, and J. Fu. 2022. Changed kcalorie burning and you can reaction to Ultraviolet rediation: gene phrase distinctions together a keen elevational gradient about Asiatic toad (Bufo gargarizans). Log away from Molecular Evolution 90: 389-399.
- Atlas, J. E. and you will J. Fu. 2021. A re also-research regarding self-confident possibilities towards the mitochondrial genomes out of higher-height Phrynocephalus lizards. Diary off Unit Development 89(1-2): 95-102.
- Wen, Grams. and you can J. Fu. 2021. Separation and you will lso are-connection: the brand new demographic history and you will several contact areas of Green Odorous Frog within the Sichuan Basin. Unit Ecology 31: 4103-4117. DOI: /MEC.16021
- Qiao, L., Grams. Wen, Y. Qi, B. Lu, J. Hu, Z. Tune, and J. Fu. 2018. Evolutionary melting bins and you can reproductive separation: A ring-designed variation out-of a keen odorous frog (Odorrana margaratea) within the Sichuan Basin. Unit Ecology twenty seven: 4888-4900. DOI: /mec.14899.
- Garcia, V.O., C. Ivy, and you may J. Fu. 2017. Syntopic frogs tell you different habits off communication towards the landscape: A comparative surroundings hereditary study of Pelophylax nigromaculatus and Fejervarya limnocharis of main China. Ecology and you may Development eight:9294-9306. DOI: /ece3.3459.